Thursday 6 January 2011

Thursday 6th January 2011

Normally on a Thursday I go to Glasgow which means I have to leave home at around 0330hrs to 0400hrs.
This means I set my alarm for 0300hrs, quick shower, dress, grab a coffee in one of those travel mugs and I'm on my way.
Today, however, I didn't need to go so I didn't have to wake up so early.

I use my phone as an alarm clock.
It's one of these clever phones that does everything, but sometimes struggles to be a phone, and you can programme several alarms at once.
I have my usual 'Weekday' alarm set for 0600hrs. This is set for Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays and I have a 'Long Day' alarm set for a Thursday, set for 0300hrs.
Last night, so I didn't have to re-set any pre-set alarm, I created a new one, just for the one day, to wake me this morning and turned the 'Long Day' alarm off.
Unfortunately, I set the alarm for 0700hrs this morning and only noticed this at 0705hrs after snoozing for five minutes.
So I am an hour later than normal which, in the grand scheme of things is no big deal, but in my mind it is a big deal.
I am automatically in a bad mood, with myself, for being late.

Everything I do for the rest of the day is going to be either late or in the wrong sequence or not done. In short my whole day is now fucked up because I set the wrong time in my so-called Smart Phone.
Driving to work, normally a 45 minute journey, seems to take longer because there are more vehicles on the road.
I get to work and everything is in a rush, because I am an hour behind where I would usually be.
Lunchtime comes around an hour early, and I'm not expecting it so I don't bother and when I finally get hungry it is too late to eat lunch because then I'll spoil me dinner.
And then I end up working late to catch up on the time I have spent being late and trying to catch up.

So I am in the position now where my evening is going to be fucked, as I will be getting home later than usual and dinner will either be late or spoiled.
I won't be able to do so much of the stuff that normally fills my interesting life, like surfing t'interweb or doing Wii-Yoga because if I do then I'll be going to bed later and that might make me oversleep again.
So my whole day has been, and will continue to be, completely fucking fucked, all because of one hour this morning.

Still, at least I didn't have to go to Glasgow.............

No comments:

Post a Comment