Friday 7 January 2011

Friday 7th January 2011

A few days ago I ordered some chilli sauce on t'interweb.
It was something that I had asked for Christmas but no one bought me. I got some nice stuff, don't get me wrong, but I didn't get any chilli sauce.

I got a ticket to go and see Imelda May, which is cool, and a box set of Fawlty Towers DVDs plus other stuff, but not the chilli sauce I wanted.

So shortly after Christmas I ordered some myself from a place called Funky Pepper.
When I went onto the the website, I couldn't help but to order three bottles of sauce, one bottle of my favourite, Mad Dog 357 Pure Ghost, one bottle of Blair's Pure Death Hot Sauce with Jolokia and a bottle of Pain is Good Batch #37 Garlic Hot Sauce.

Well yesterday I got home from work (I was late) and there was a note from the Royal Mail to say I had package waiting for me at the Post Office.
So tonight I went and picked said package and it was my sauces.
Unfortunately they sent me Mad Dog 357 Ghost sauce and not Mad Dog 357 Pure Ghost, but they are sending a bottle of it, so it has all worked out well.

AND MY FUCKING GOD ARE THEY HOT.............

I made pizza tonight, with garlic bread and guess what?
You don't have to guess really, I'm gonna tell you anyway. I put a dash of the Mad Dog 357 Ghost on the pizza and smeared the garlic bread with the Batch #37 garlic sauce.

Now, for those of you who don't know about chilli sauce, the heat of a chilli is measured in Scoville Heat Units.
Tabasco sauce comes in at under 2500 Scoville Heat Units (SHU) whilst the 357 Ghost is about 150,000 SHU.
I have a bottle in my collection called Blair's Ultra Death that measures 800,000 SHU and that one scares me.

Anyway, I have just eaten said pizza and garlic bread and now my mouth is on fire. My head is sweating and I have a very warm sensation in my stomach.

Tomorrow I may have prawns with the Pure Death Hot Sauce, as long as my ass in still in one piece.

www.funkypepper.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment