Monday 16 August 2010

Monday 16th August 2010

Jacket Potatoes: Best cooked in the microwave or the oven?
Personally I start mine off in the microwave and finish them of in the oven.
Speed coupled with crispness.

My barbecue fell apart today.

I used to try and save time every morning by going to the toilet before I got up.
Now I find it much more economical on the time if I combine my shit, shave and shower.
With just a slight adjustment of the shower head, you get a bidet thrown in.

If you want to save money as well as time, a good start is to recycle water.

This can be a bit tricky, and you have to watch you don't spill water over the kitchen floor, as you may slip and fall and even hurt yourself, thus potentially making it even thriftier as you may end up in hospital and therefore wouldn't have to use, or pay for, your own water.

However, with a bit of due care and attention, this is something the whole family can take part in, making it a fun thing to do on a rainy day!
First, find a bucket, a barrell or any other container.
Size, ladies, DOESN'T matter, not in this case anyway, as the bigger the recepticle the more water you can collect but the heavier it will be when you come to carry it.

Anyhow, place the container in a place where it is likely to catch falling rain.
Under a carport roof is not recommended as the chances of water collection are remote, unless the roof leaks.

Once your container has water in it, take it to the kitchen and transfer the rain water to a saucepan or stockpot.

Cover the pan with a specially adapted lid that has a plastic tube coming out of it, about oh I don't know about 10 metres long, and make sure the tube can reach your fridge.

Place approximately 6 metres of the tube inside the fridge as best you can and coil it up with the end going into a glass, dish or something similar.

No turn up the heat on the stove and watch in amazement when the water turns to steam and the steams goes into the tube and then when it cools in the fridge it turns back to water again.

I once saw this on Ray Mears Goes Walking in the Desert (or some similarly named programme) and have adapted it for modern day living.

It didn't actually work for me, but I am sure with a bit of practice I can produce a bit of drinking water.

Once the 3rd degree burns on my hand subside a bit.................

No comments:

Post a Comment