Thursday 28 April 2011

Thursday 28th April 2011

Yet another one tomorrow.

It's Friday today, for many people, but I'm working tomorrow so today is still Thursday
for me.
It's the Royal Wedding tomorrow and the whole world is celebrating. Or are they? I'm not against the wedding, I'm not against the Royal family, in fact I think they are good for the country. They bring in a lot of tourism and they are a huge part of our history. But I really couldn't care less about the wedding. I hope it goes all right for them, of course I do, but I don't see why people would want to camp out for nights on end on the pavement in London just to catch a glimpse. I hate London at the best [or worst, depending on which way up you look at life] of times, so why you would want to sleep on one of it's dirty skanky pavements is beyond me. Give me a beach in a seaside town in the North East any time.

It was the funerals of a girl and her mother today around here somewhere. They had been murdered, stabbed I think. I saw it on Look North, but what I found interesting was that as they were showing the hearses going into the Church or Crematorium or whatever it was, there was a woman stood there taking photographs of the cars on here phone. I mean, it's all very well for the News people to film, but it's a bit odd for a member of the public to photograph a hearse isn't it? Maybe it's just me.

Talking of which, is it bad form to overtake an Ambulance?
I was driving along the M11 the other day, or maybe it was the A14 I don't remember, when I caught up with an Ambulance. There wasn't a lot of traffic on the road, but here was this Ambulance going up the M11 [or A14, whatever] with it's blue lights flashing. No sirens, just the lights. It wasn't going very fast really, and as I approached it I thought "should I maintain a respectable distance behind it?". What do you do? What is the 'Ambulance Etiquette'?
Well, I'll tell you what I did, I thought "fuck it" and carried on going and before too long I couldn't even see it in me rear view mirror.

Just put the heating on. Fuck me, it's as good as the middle of summer, and I'm sat sitting here in a short sleeve tee shirt [can you get long sleeved ones??] but I think other members of the household have heat issues. Anyhoo, that's global warming for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment