Thursday 14 April 2011

Thursday 14th April 2011

Ever done something you have done before but didn't think you would do again?

I saw a sign today that said "Caution, Soft Verges".
I wouldn't have thought that soft verges would need much caution, I'd have thought that hard verges would require more. I mean, a soft verge aint going to do much harm is it? All it would do would be to cower in a corner and whimper.
Now a hard verge would be in your face, threatening you and generally being a badass.
Surely that would need more caution in anyone's book. And car. And bus. And lorry etc etc.

I saw the old "Picking up your litter put's the lives of workers at risk" sign again today. Must be a Scottish thing. LEAVE YOUR FUCKING LITTER THEN, SAVE LIVES!!!

The matrix signs are much better north of the border though.
On the M6 you get signs that say things like 'Fog' and 'Caution' or maybe 'Workforce In Road' but as soon as you get on the M74 they say stuff like "Drink Drive, Lose License, Don't Risk It" or "Don't Text and Drive" or "Better Late than Never, Watch Your Speed", or my personal favourite, "Don't Phone Whilst Driving, You'll Fucking Die".

Of course, I'm only joking about that, the "Better Late than Never..." one doesn't exist.

The clock in my hotel room says one-thirty. It's been like that since I got here, about two hours ago. I don't think it is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment