Monday 18 April 2011

Monday 18th April 2011

Have you ever had a dream or two?????

Last Saturday meslef and Liz were in Doncaster and we fancied a cup of coffee. Rather than do the usual and go to Costa, we saw some Victorian Tea Rooms and, as it was a nice sunny day and there were tables outside, we thought we would give it a go.
So we parked ourselves at a table and waited.

Now, people who have read some of my earlier blog posts and (more importantly) my spoofs will know that I am fairly good at waiting. I don't mean the table sort of waiting, you know, the sort that students and Italians do, but just waiting. Waiting around. Waiting for something to happen. Waiting for a new chapter to begin. Just waiting.

However, waiting at a table for a waiter to wait on you is no fun, but at least it was a nice day and eventually someone came. Well, she came to the door then disappeared again as she had forgotten the menu. Wouldn't have mattered really as we only wanted a coffee and a hot chocolate and not even I need a menu for that.

So we ordered and then waited again.

And waited.

And waited.

I could go on and on, but I won't. The funny thing was, there were about six waitresses working, that we could see, and the cafe Victorian tea Rooms didn't seem that overly busy, but still our drinks didn't arrive.

Eventually we got up and went to Costa, where we got a seat outside and served straight away.
The name of the cafe Victorian Tea Rooms? I can't honestly remember, but it is the one opposite Barclays Bank. I took a photo on me phone, but I can't get the bluetooth working on me laptop.

I was going to cut the grass yesterday, but I couldn't be arsed, so we went to Kedleston Hall instead. We fancied a coffee there as well, but the only place to get one was in the restaurant and you had to 'wait to be seated'. The funny thing was, there was a sign just inside the door that said, "Please wait at the other end of the restaurant to be seated". Wasn't too sure whereabouts I should wait so I just buggered off.

Went to Croydon today, that was fun.............

No comments:

Post a Comment