Sunday 13 February 2011

Sunday 13th February 2011

I was watching Ski Sunday on the tele earlier and they had downhill skiing and slalom skiing and then snowboarding.
Another type of skiing is cross country, which is much easier if you live in a small country. I think that's why the British are crap at cross country skiing. In England we don't get much snow, and there is absolutely no way you could ski across the country as all the snow only ever falls in the hilly places, and in Scotland and Wales, where they do get more snow, the countries are so small that if the skiers have to do a longer race across a bigger country then they get tired half way through.

I was watching the news the other night. It all seemed to be about Egypt and President
Mubarack. I'm getting a bit bored of it now, to be honest. I know I shouldn't, but I am. Anyhoo, I started drifting off and thinking about other stuff and I thought of different protester's protest signs.
When sign makers go on strike, do they have any protest signs? And if signwriters protest, do they just have blank signs (providing, of course, the sign makers are no longer on strike). If the sign makers were on strike and the signwriters wanted to hold a protest against the sign makers striking then they would have to make do with posters or postcards or something. Probably wouldn't have the same impact.

I went to Imelda May last night at the O2 Academy in Leeds. What a fantastic gig. If you ever get the chance to go and see her I would highly recommend it. Well it would obviously be better if you like her music too.
The O2 academy is a small venue, a bit like a big open plan pub with a stage at one end and a pretty good lighting set, but it suited her ideally. Paul Heaton is playing there on 2nd April and I shall be going to that one too.

Weekend is almost over, back to work tomorrow and I'm quite looking forward to it, in a strange sort of way. Hopefully I will get some good news at some point tomorrow too.

The countdown is on.............

No comments:

Post a Comment