Wednesday 9 March 2011

Wednesday 9th March 2011

2 more days.

It's been a hectic week, but hump day is nearly over and we are rolling on towards the weekend.

The boiler went out today. Probably because I forgot to fill it with coal this morning, but I shouldn't blame myself. Trouble was, the fucking thing took ages to light and I ran out of firelighters. A quick dash down to the shop by Liz and a new, full box appeared. I then decided to go for 'overkill' and use half the box to ensure the bastard thing lit.
It lit alright, but now the whole friggin house stinks of firelighters. It aint a pleasant smell, I can tell you.

I thought I heard a piece of good news today, but it soon turned out that it wasn't so good after all.
The shitty team from South Bristol annouced today that their chairman was standing down. Now this chairman is the moneyman in this 29 year old club and so I thought that when he departed he would take his cash with him. But alas and alack, he also announced that whilst he was standing down as chairman, to allow him to spend more time in his Guernsey tax haven, he would still bankroll the club. This means that there aint really any change, as far as anyone outside the club is concerned.
The picture, by the way, is of the better club in Bristol. The one with a longer, cleaner more honest history and one where all the players have only four fingers and a thumb on each hand.
Oh, and non-webbed feet,

Anyhoo, gotta lot to do tonight so I'd better get on.............

No comments:

Post a Comment