Friday 23 July 2010

Friday 23rd July 2010

Funny old day today.

Well it wasn't really, it wasn't even remotely funny.

It started as they usually do.....waiting.

I woke up at quarter to six and led there waiting for the alarm to go off. Just led there, waiting.
I didn't want it to go off but I didn't want to lie there and wait either. Nor did I want to get up, but I got bored so I dragged myself out of my pit and plodded to the bathroom.

Turn on the shower and wait for the water to warm up.
A shower is quite possibly one of the most effective ways of waking up.
I would imagine an ice bath is probably more effective, but I'm not prepared to try that.

Shower done; turn the basin taps on and wait for this water to warm up to have a shave.

Wait.
Wait.

I could have stayed in bed for longer, if I could've been bothered.

Kettle has to boil, more waiting.
At least there is some reward in the form of a cup of coffee.

Car then work.
Man driving a Lexus looks remarkably like a bad post-op trans gender casualty. Whatever one of those would look like.

Working in a taxi firm has it's perks, unfortunately I don't work in a taxi firm so I don't see any of them.
My good friend, Farrington Gurney, does though and he's always crowing on about them.
Get to work and wait for the computer to start up.

Jeez, it's only just eight o'clock and I've already waited for about an hour for various stuff.

Oh well, time to wait...............

No comments:

Post a Comment