Sunday 11 January 2015

Sunday 11th January 2015

Well I never said I would do one everyday, did I?!?

I managed to get the lenses out eventually.
If you don't know what I'm on about, look back through the previous posts, all will become clear.
Clearer than it looks when I am putting those shitty bits of plastic in my eye.

That's one of the problems you see, I have to wear glasses or contact lenses to be able to see properly.
When I am actually trying to put the fucking things in my eyes I am wearing neither glasses nor lenses until the moment I get them in.
Ergo, I cannot see a fuck.

Anyhoo, once I got them out, I had to put them back in again, to make sure I wasn't just a jammy bastard first time I suppose..

That wasn't so bad, but once I got them in guess what I had to do?
Yup, take the fuckers back out.

I think I said earlier, I was having a 45 minute appointment.
Maybe I didn't, so maybe I'd better tell you again, or if I haven't then I suppose I'm not telling you again, I'm telling you for the first time.
Either way, I was having a 45 minute appointment.

That's three quarters of an hour.

Three quarters of an hour turns out to be not long enough for me to get two poxy little pieces of flexible plastic into my eyes, take em out, push them back in and then extract them again.

I came out of the fucking opticians like I wake up on a Saturday, eyes all bloodshot.
The worse thing was having to get the optician to take the bastards out for me.

I just watched the darts final.
Now I aint a huge fan of the darts, but it was quite exciting.
£100,000 was the first prize. A hundred grand.
My missus reckoned that wasn't very much. I disagreed, stating that I wouldn't mind it for chucking a few mini arrows.
She said she meant that compared to other sports then it wasn't much.
It's still a lot, other sports just get too much.
That's not just my opinion, it's fact.

So I had to go back to the opticians the following week (and that's proper use of the word so, not just some poncy fucking americanism (apologies to my american friends, I must say ever-so sincerly))

This time I managed to get em in and get em out. Fuck knows how I did it, but I did.
That means I am now allowed to wear them unsupervised.
It's a bit like an initiation, but what made me laugh was that none of the assistants, or the optician, wore lenses. They all wore glasses.

That should have told me something.

I never though this would be a multi-parter (lenses, I mean) but it's turning out to be.

Gotta go, it's time for bed.............

No comments:

Post a Comment